The main reason for wearing diapers is urinary and faecal incontinence characterized by the deposition of waste in inappropriate places such as the floors of the house or cushions and other textiles and this, despite the desire of the dog to stay clean and to obey the principles of education inculcated to him.
Incontinence can be caused by:
- Diseases (cystitis, lumbar problems, etc.)
- Behavioral disorder (stress, anxiety, excitement)
- Loss of motor skills (following an accident or illness)
It is also very common in bitches and sterilized dogs.
The layers can also be worn during the heat. Indeed, during these periods, bitches tend to leave bloody losses behind them, which is very inconvenient for homeowners when they want to make them disappear.
Dog diapers are particularly useful for dogs and masters who can share their living space with their companion more serenely. In addition, their small size is particularly suitable for short or long-term trips.
Depending on your pet’s temperament and lifestyle, it’s up to you to choose the one that suits best for your pet.
In order to choose the right model that corresponds to your dog, you must take into account of several criteria:
- Gender of your pet: males and females have a different pelvis.
- Manufacturers have developed models corresponding to each morphology for better comfort and better support.
- Size of your pet: in order to choose the correct size, you have to measure the lap of your pet’s belly and then refer to the indications on the packaging of the chosen model.
Are dog diapers effective for older dogs? Yes, Incontinence is very common in older dogs. You can see the evidence in puddles of urine and wet spots in his niche every morning.
- Opt for a washable and reusable model, it’s more eco-friendly.
- The material matters, think of the comfort of your dog. Opt for cotton.
- Do not be stingy, the first price layers are of poor quality and not comfortable for a dog. Put a few extra euros to make him feel good, even with a diaper.
To ensure optimal hygiene of your dog and prevent the risk of fungal infections due to too much moisture, be sure to change its protections very regularly and to wash and dry it well. Diapers for dogs is a very useful especially when you are on a vacation.